The Macquarie University offers the Macquarie University International Scholarship –MUIS- for Undergraduate and Postgraduate international students who are citizens of any country other than Australia or New Zealand.
Macquarie University International Scholarships (MUIS) are available across most courses to cover international tuition fees for study on campus in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.
Fields of study
Available across most undergraduate and postgraduate courses EXCEPT Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Applied Finance (MAF), Master of Advanced Surgery and Master of Surgery.
Number of Awards
Several awards will be given. Not specified by the provider
Will be offered for the whole course duration of the undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme.
Note that annual renewal of the MUIS is subject to satisfactory performance in the degree program. Scholarships will be granted to cover the credit points required to complete a single undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
• Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
• Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a FULL OFFER by the application deadline).
• Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.7 (out of 4.0) for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of 92 (out of 100) for Undergraduate applications.
You are not eligible if:
• You are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
• You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
• You have undertaken the same level or a higher level of study previously.
• You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship.
• You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
• You are enrolled at Macquarie City Campus or SIBT.
International students from any nationality, EXCEPT Australia and New Zealand
This is a full scholarship award. It will cover a range of full international tuition fees for study on campus at North Ryde in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.
The scholarship does NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study.
Method of Application
Applicants must hold a FULL OFFER for the course by the MUIS deadline to be considered for the scholarship. New Applicants must complete a course application form plus a scholarship application form online.
Applicants must complete a course application form with certified copies of all relevant documents and application fee of AU$110. Online course application will enable you to select your course and upload scanned copies of the required documents. There is a reduced application fee of only AU$55 if you submit your course application online. The application fee will be refunded if you are awarded an MUIS when applicable.
Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online MUIS application form.
Applicants must then complete an online MUIS application form. Applicants must indicate on the MUIS application form which scholarship they are applying for:
• MUIS Undergraduate, or;
• MUIS Postgraduate
DEADLINES:There are two (2) annual deadlines every year: 31 October (for February class), and 30 April (for September class).
For scholarship inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, click here