Investment in education constitutes the perfect strategy and driving force for a country’s development, therefore, it is one of the Mexican Government’s priority mechanisms of international cooperation.
For many years, the Mexican cultural diplomacy has worked in different successful programs, such as the human capital training through scholarships for academic degrees awarding and research work performing in different areas of knowledge.
The scholarships for academic studies are offered to take complete programs for Specialization, Master´s or PhD Degrees, and Postgraduate Researches. Likewise, the offer includes academic mobility for Bachelor´s and Postgraduate Degree. On the other hand, the scholarships for special programs are offered to take short-term fellowships addressed to Visiting Professors, Researchers in Mexico´s issues, Media Contributors, Art Production Fellowships, etc.
The Embassy of Mexico has the pleasure to announce the opening of the call for the Special Programs of the 2013 Mexican Government Scholarship Program for Foreign Students.
Any approved institution of higher learning in Mexico,click here to see list of approved universities
Fields of study
Scholarships are for ALL COURSES of human endeavor at ALL LEVELS available at participating Mexican institutions except Business administration, Plastic surgery, accounting, marketing, dentistry and advertising.
These include Bachelors, Masters, Ph.D, medical specialization courses as well as for postgraduate-level research, postdoctoral stays, postgraduate mobility programs, artistic creation residences, high-level conferences, residences for Mexicanist researchers, residences for media collaborators, and special chairs for visiting professors.
Number of awards
Many will be awarded, not specified by provider
The Scholarships are awarded on a yearly basis for a duration of up to:
• 1 year for specialization studies
• 2 years for Masters degree studies
• 3 years for Ph.D. studies
• 3 years for Medical specialties and subspecialties
• 1 to 12 months for postgraduate research and postdoctoral stays (1 month minimum)
• One academic term (quarter, trimester or semester) for Undergraduate and graduate academic mobility programs
The Foreign Ministry grant includes:
• Enrollment fees and tuition
• Health Insurance
• Transportation from Mexico city to the Host Institution
• Monthly Stipend
General Terms and Conditions:
• The scholarships for academic studies are offered to take complete programs for Specialization, Master’s or PhD Degrees, and Postgraduate Researches. Likewise, the offer includes academic mobility for Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree.
On the other hand, the scholarships for special programs are offered Preferred to take short-term fellowships addressed to Visiting Professors, Researchers in Mexico’s issues, Media Contributors, Art Production Fellowships, etc.
• Candidates cannot be living in Mexico at the time of application.
• Except in special cases, scholarships cannot begin in November or December.
• Requests for information and all scholarship applications must be submitted to the Mexican embassy or concurrent embassy of the applicant’s country or to the designated Mexican institution. Only applications that fulfill all of the requirements will be considered.
• All documents and forms must be in Spanish or submitted with translations into Spanish.
• Candidates will be informed of the results by the corresponding Mexican embassy or designated Mexican institution.
• The scholarships are not transferable and cannot be deferred to future years.
The scholarships will be awarded on academic excellence.
Qualified students of ALL nationalities. These include:
• Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nambia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Saharawi, Arab Rep., Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
• North America: United States, Canada and Canada / Province of Quebec
• Latin America: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela)
• Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico (Commonwealth), Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago
• Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine)
• Asia: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Kingdom of China, People’s Rep., India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Democratic Rep., Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, Islamic Rep. of Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Kingdom of Timor – Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Socialist Rep. of
• Pacific: Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji Islands, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Independent State, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu
• Middle East: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian National Authority, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen, and
• Non-self Governing Territories: American Samoa, Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar, Guam, Montserrat, New Caledonia, Pitcairn, Saint Helena, Tokelau, Turks and Caicos Islands and United States Virgin Islands
Method of Application
For details on how to apply and necessary application materials, please see the official Mexican embassy website of your country (link is below).
All scholarship applications must be submitted in original to the Embassy of Mexico in the applicant’s country or to the designated Mexican institution; as the case may be, prior to the deadline. Applications sent by fax or email will not be accepted.
Only applications that fulfill all of the requirements will be considered.
All documents and forms must be in Spanish or submitted with translations into Spanish.
Applications should be submitted to Mexican embassies as follows – Special Programs and Research Stays: August 30 2013; AND General Scholarship Program: soon to be announced.
Candidates will be informed of the results by the corresponding Mexican embassy or designated Mexican institution..
Copies of the documents must be authenticated and a postille-stamped when required by the host institution as a condition to accept the applicant.
For more information, applicants can follow the link: http://www.becas.sre.gob.mx OR contact the Embassy of Mexico in Nigeria at: 39, Usuma St., Maitama District, Abuja, Nigeria, P.M.B. 718 Garki. Tel: (+234) 9462-0631/32/33. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR contact the Embassy of Mexico in their own country.