Each year, the Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board announces Four Million Naira Scholarships For Nigerian Students in Nigerian tertiary institutions of higher learning. Applications are invited for the Chief Gani Fawehinmi Annual Scholarship for Nigerians Awards.
Eligibility/Criteria for Award
To be eligible:
1. Applicant must be poor and indigent.
2. Applicant must be registered students of Tertiary institutions in Nigeria i.e Universities, Polytechnics and College of Education.
3. Applicants must have good academic performances.
ALL accredited Nigerian tertiary institutions of higher learning: universities, polytechnics and colleges of education
Course of study
All courses of study offered at ALL participating institutions
Number of awards
Twenty (20) will be given out
The Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship award is a onetime financial award
Each of the twenty (20) scholarship winners will each receive One hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000)
Method of Application
To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Each applicant shall submit an application letter, not more than two pages. The letter must include the name of the candidate, course of study, year of study, state of origin, and why the candidate believes that he/she should be given the scholarship award.
2. The application letter must be accompanied by:
A photocopy of the candidate’s current Identity card.
A letter from the candidate’s current Head of Department, including correct information of the candidate’s CGPA for the last academic session.
A letter from the Registrar certifying that the candidate is a student of such institution.
A copy of the candidates registration form for the current semester.
Two (2) current passport photographs.
3. Students who have once won the scholarship are not eligible
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONSThe application letter, with all the supporting documents, should be forwarded (by hand or by postal delivery) to:
Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board
Nigerian Law Publications House
Otunba Jobi Fele Way, C.B.D
Alausa Ikeja, P.O.Box 80279, Lafiaji, Lagos;
The Application Deadline for Submission is 25th August, 2013
The Interview date for the award will be announced in due course.
Chairman, Chief Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board.