The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SA WISE) is a dynamic association for all those who support the idea of strengthening the role of women in science and engineering in South Africa.
SA WISE aims to strengthen this role by inter alia: raising the profile of women scientists and engineers; highlighting and addressing problems faced specifically by women in these fields; lobbying for the advancement of women in science and engineering; AND providing leadership and role models for young people wishing to enter the fields of science and engineering.
Each year SA WISE awards the Angus Scholarship to a Sub-Saharan black woman. South African applicants will be given preference. The successful applicant should become an active member of SA WISE.
Any University in South Africa
Course of study
Any course in any fields of Science and Engineering
Number of awards
One (1) will be given
The scholarship is awarded for 1 year of tertiary study at Honours level (or 4th year level of study)
The value for the academic year 2013 is R10 000 per annumn
SA WISE awards the Angus Scholarship to a Sub-Saharan black woman graduate with 70% or above grade average in her subject of study.
• Scholarships will be awarded to a female student for full time study at Honours level (4th year) in Chemistry, Physics, Metallurgy or Mechanical Engineering at any South African University.
• Successful applicant should become actively involved in SA WISE.
• Element Six will arrange a visit to their research lab for the successful applicant, and they would like a copy of the awardee’s major research project at the end of the year.
Any woman from any Sub-Saharan African country (South African applicants are given preference)
Method of Application
Please include with application:
• Curriculum Vitae with names of two referees
• One page motivation
• An official academic transcript (record)
• Name(s) of other bursaries/scholarships applied for and amount
Send applications to:
SA WISE Element Six Scholarships committee
P O Box 34085
Rhodes Gift, 7707
The deadline date for annual applications is 30th November every year
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for a more current, complete and detailed information on this scholarship.
For enquiries please contact:
SA WISE, P O Box 34085, 7707, Rhodes Gift, Rondebosch, South Africa
To apply, click here