Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for enrolment as Trainees in the AKS-NNPC/MPN & KPL/IBM Graduate Assistance Programme (GAP) Phase II.
The programme is sponsored by Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN), operator of the Nigeria Nationnal Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/MPN joint venture in collaboration with Akwa Ibom State Government (AKSG) and knowledge partners Limited (KPL), a business partner to international Business Machines (IBM), as part of its community assistance programmes aimed at boosting capacity building.
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN), a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation has a long history of operating in Nigeria. The company maintains a robust and active community relations programme that impacts its areas of operation.
• The program is a non-residential training in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) as well as Entrepreneurship skills targeted at boosting capacity building among unemployed graduates of Akwa Ibom State origin with few opportunities given to indigenes of other states of Nigeria.
• 450 graduates will be trained in batches of 50 each receiving Instructor led Training (ILT) for 3 months and on the Job (OTJ) placement for 3 months to apply skills. Akwa Ibom State Government as partners provided VADOC 2 as facility for GAP.
• The program seeks to address among others the following;
• Reduce unemployment amongst graduates/youth in the state through ICT skills that enhance employability.
• Build entrepreneurial capacity amongst graduates/youth in the state to catalyze a thriving SME sector through skills acquired.
• Fill the yearning gap for ICT skills experienced by both public and private sector employers in the state.
• Provide the base of skilled personnel to support the vision of Akwa Ibom State to establish a technology park in the state.
1.) The training is conducted in batches of 50 trainees and over a six months period each, comprising three (3) months instructor-led-training (ILT) in the well equipped state of the art facility used and three months on-the-job (OTJ) development through internship placements in reputable private and public sector organizations. The purpose is to ensure trainees apply knowledge acquired in the ILT during OTJ and imbibe good work culture in line with the program objectives.
2.) Course contents on ILT cover office productivity tools- MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access & Database concepts, PC basics- assembling and coupling PCs, troubleshooting, installation of device drivers etc, Windows XP and Linux administration, HTML & Webmaster training, Networking as well as Project Management & Entrepreneurship Development.
3.) The Program is non residential and the trainees are paid monthly stipends to aid in transportation and lunch.
Applicants as Trainees for AKS-NNPC/MPN & KPL/IBM Graduate Assistance Programme (GAP) Phase II must:
• Be University or Polytechnic Graduates (B.Sc or B.A) with a minimum of second class lower or Higher National Diploma (HND) lower credit, in any discipline.
• Have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
• Be successful in the competitive GAP Aptitude Test & selection interview to be conducted later.
• Be aged between 21-35 years.
Application Closing Date
19th August, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should either forward their applications with hard copy of detailed CV indicating cell phone contacts, e-mail addresses and proof of Local Government Area of Origin in an envelope marked Graduate Assistance Programme to:
AKS-NNPC/MPN & KPL/IBM,
Graduate Assistance Programme,
VADOC Phase II, Ministry of Science and Technology,
84 Obio Imo Street, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
Or apply online and attach Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com
click here for more details