In continuation of the Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) efforts to provide opportunities for developing careers in the petroleum industry, Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN) offers Scholarships to qualified Nigerian graduates who wish to pursue postgraduate studies (Masters Degree) in the underlisted disciplines in Nigeria Universities.
In 2007, EEPNL introduced the National Postgraduate Scholarship program in other to complement the existing foreign scholarship program.
All accredited institutions inNigeria
Fields of study
2. Engineering (Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical, Civil/Structure, Electrical, Electronics, Sub-Sea and Marine)
Number of awards
In 2007, 19 awards were made and by 2008, the number increased to 30 awards. Since then, the number of awards has increased.
As at 2012, a total of 109 young Nigerians have been sponsored for post graduate studies since 2007.
For a maximum duration of two (2) years
The NNPC/Esso scholarship award supports payment of tuition, books, accommodation and living expenses for the selected course of study
1. Must be a graduate from a Nigerian University
2. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second class upper division in any of the listed Engineering and Geosciences disciplines.
3. Must have provisional admission into an accredited Nigerian University for Postgraduate studies (M.Sc or M.Eng) in the 2013/2014 academic session.
Citizens of Nigeria – from every state of the Federation including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
It is important to NOTE that employees of ExxonMobil subsidiary companies in Nigeria and their dependents are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
Method of Application
If you are qualified and interested, please visit the official website (link to it is below), and read carefully through the “How it works” section then proceed to apply via the “Apply Now” section at the sidebar of the official website and submit as instructed.
The documents you will need for this stage of application are as follows:
1. Valid Identification Card
2. Admission letter for postgraduate study
3. Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
4. Official Statement of Results from the University (Official Transcript would be obtained prior to award to the successful candidate)
5. WAEC results
Shortlisted candidates should be prepared to take a screening test to be held on September 7, 2013; strict compliance with the application guidelines is advisable. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
22nd of August 2013
Names of short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be published in National Dailies. The candidates will also be contacted with details of the qualifying test via SMS text and email.Employees of ExxonMobil subsidiary companies in Nigeria and their dependents are NOT eligible for this scholarship.
To apply, click here