As part of support to educational development and human capacity building, Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN), operator of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/MPN Joint Venture awards annual scholarships to qualified undergraduate students in Nigerian Universities.
The 2013/2014 NNPC / MPN Undergraduate Scholarship Programme is hereby announced.
This program is funded by Mobil Producing Nigeria, operator of the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture. Applications for the NNPC/MPN Undergraduate National Scholarship Awards are based on the following criteria as detailed below.
ALL accredited Nigerian Universities
Fields of study / Disciplines
Applications in the following list of approved disciplines are considered:
1. Petroleum Engineering
2. Chemical Engineering
3. Mechanical Engineering
4. Electrical/Electronics Engineering
5. Civil Engineering
7. Medicine (MBBS Only)
8. Agricultural Science (and related fields)
9. Computer Science
Number of awards
Since 1998, a total of 500 undergraduate scholarships are awarded annually. This is a significant increase on the 13 awards offered at inception of the scheme in 1974.
Awards will be made to qualified and suitable students who are currently admitted in Nigerian Universities irrespective of state of origin including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The following criteria apply:
1. Candidates must be holders of the SSCE or its equivalent with at least six subjects passed at a sitting
2. Applicants must be registered full-time undergraduates in their 1st or 2nd year of study in any accredited Nigerian University
3. Students who are currently on similar scholarship awards from other oil and gas companies should not apply
4. Dependants of employees of Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited, Mobil Oil Nigeria plc and Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited are not eligible for this scholarship
Eligible groups (geographical coverage)
Citizens of Nigeria
Method of Application
If you are qualified and interested, please visit the official website (link to it is below), and read carefully through the “How it works” section then proceed to apply via the “Apply Now” section at the sidebar of the official website and submit as instructed.
Before you start this application:
Ensure you have clear scanned copies of all your documents.
Ensure you name these scanned documents accordingly, to avoid mixing up documents during upload.
Ensure you upload these documents carefully when asked to.
The documents you will need for this stage of application are as follows:
1. Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old
2. Evidence of admission into Nigerian University
3. Evidence of current year of study
4. Evidence of SSCE result or its equivalent
5. Evidence of State of Origin obtained from the appropriate Local government area and duly signed by the Chairman or Secretary
6. Current University ID Card
Shortlisted candidates should be prepared to take a screening test to be held on the 6th & 7th of September, 2013. Strict compliance with the application guidelines is advisable, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications not received by Thursday, 22nd of August 2013 will not be accepted.
Names of short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be published in National Dailies. The candidates will also be contacted with details of the qualifying test via SMS text and email
Employees of ExxonMobil subsidiary companies in Nigeria and their dependents are not eligible for this scholarship.
To apply, click here