The University of Oulu, Finland, invites applications for its International Master’s Scholarships which is open to academically talented international students in architecture, business, economics, education, engineering, and sciences. The scholarship is aimed at students studying for a Master’s degree in the University of Oulu two-year international Master’s programmes.
Worth of AwardsThe scholarship is for one academic year and covers the full international tuition fee. In order to retain the scholarship in the second year of study, a student must have completed 45 ECTS by the end of their first academic year. If a student does not achieve this requirement, they will be liable to pay the full international tuition fee if they wish to complete their Master’s degree programme.
Eligibility• Applicants are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu IM Scholarship 2014, if they are Non-EU/EEA citizens who do not have a permanent residence permit in Finland
• Eligible to apply for a Master’s degree programme at the University of Oulu for academic year 2014 – 2015. The applicant has obtained their first academic degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) from a recognised institution of higher education
• Applicants who are in their last term/semester of studies during the application period, can apply for the scholarship
• Applicants who receive a conditional offer of study placement for a Master’s programme will receive a conditional scholarship offer.
Applicants not eligible for the International Master’s Scholarship are:
• Non-EU/EEA citizens who have a permanent residence permit in Finland,
• EU/EEA citizens or comparable persons
• University of Oulu students who have been accepted to study BEFORE the academic year 2014 – 15.
How to Apply
• There is no separate application for the International Master’s Scholarship. All applicants for University of Oulu Master’s degree programmes need to complete the Online Application Form for admission
• Those applicants who are applying for the University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship have to additionally complete the “Application for Scholarship,” which can be found at the end of the Online Application Form
• The International Master’s Scholarship application form cannot be completed and/or submitted without the Online Application Form for admission
To Submit Your Application
• Create a user account and fill in the application (You will see the icon when admission application form opens in December.)
• Print out the Application Form
• Collect the required enclosures: They are listed on the front page of the Application Form when application opens in December. Mark down your Application Form number into every document, and also into the lower left corner of the envelope.
• Send the Application form with the requested application documents to the mailing address of the University Admissions Finland:
University Admissions Finland
(If you use a courier service, please also mark down the University Admissions Finland’s phone number
+358 (0)9 191 23528)
Selection Criteria Admissions and scholarships decisions will be taken at the same time. Those students successful in obtaining an International Master’s Scholarship will be notified at the same time as their offer of admission to their International Master’s programme is confirmed.
International Master’s programmes in the scholarship scheme 2014–15:
- Architectural Design
- Astronomy and Space Physics
- Barents Environmental Engineering (BEE)
- Ecology and Population Genetics (ECOGEN)
- Education and Globalisation (EdGlo)
- Finance (MF)
- Financial and Management Accounting (FMA)
- International Business (IB)
- Learning, Education and Technology (LET)
- Magnetic Resonance in Materials (MRM)
- Protein Science and Biotechnology
- Software, Systems and Services Development in Global Environment (GS3D)
- Synchrotron Radiation Based Science and Accelerator Physics
- Wireless Communications Engineering (WCE)
How to ApplyThere is no separate application for the International Master’s Scholarship. All applicants for University of Oulu Master’s degree programmes need to complete the Student Application Form. Those applicants who are applying for the University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship have to additionally complete the “Application for Scholarship,” which can be found at the end of the Student Application Form. The International Master’s Scholarship application form cannot be completed and/or submitted without the Student Application Form.
Required Documents• Application Form
• Copy of Bachelor’s (or higher) degree certificate in original language / Temporary (provisional) degree certificate
• Translation of Bachelor’s degree certificate if original document is not issued in English, Finnish or Swedish
• Copy of transcript of records of Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in original language
• Translation of transcript of records of Bachelor’s degree if original document is not issued in English, Finnish or Swedish
• Proof of language proficiency
• Copy of passport’s information page or a copy of an official ID card
• Curriculum Vitae (CV) in Europass CV format
• Two recommendation letters
• Applicants for Architectural Design are required to submit a portfolio with the other documents.
Application cycle for 2014 is from December 2, 2013 – January 31, 2014. You can start preparing your application materials now to enhance your chances of success.
To apply, click here