Curtin University recognises that Australia continues to rank as a first-choice destination for international students wanting to study at high school, vocational, undergraduate or postgraduate level. Through this scholarship, Curtin invites eligible international students of any citizenship (except Australian) who are currently studying full time as international full fee-paying students onshore in Australia, to apply for a full program of study at Curtin University’s Western Australian campuses. This scholarship awards eligible students 25% of their first year of tuition. This scholarship aims to foster trust and confidence in Curtin University as a place for students to further their studies, careers and life experiences. This scholarship offers both postgraduate and undergraduate course work for international students of both gender.
- Curtin Business School
- Health Sciences
- Science & Engineering
- This scholarship provides eligible students 25% of their first year tuition fee, up to a maximum of AUD$10,000.
To be eligible, students must:
- be of any citizenship except Australian
- meet Curtin University and course academic and english language entry requirements
- be onshore full-fee paying international students
- be commencing a full undergraduate or master (coursework) degree in Semester 1, 2014 at Curtin University on Western Australia campus
- Unless there are exceptional circumstances such as, but not limited, to medical or family reasons, students must meet ALL of the following:
- Remain enrolled in initial course of study and major
- Maintain a full time study load of at least 100 credit points each semester at Curtin University
- Must maintain a ‘good standing’ status
- Undertake a full program, with no CRL applied
- Must remain international students status through the duration of the scholarship period (penalities may apply for students who withdraw or are terminated from their scholarship year)
- If students are enrolling into a Masters’ degree, it must be a Masters’ degree with a minimum of 400 credits. If the Masters course is less than 400 credit points in duration then a 25% scholarship off the first semester of fees is applicable.
Unless there are exceptional circumstances, a recipient with unsatisfactory progress or who breaches the scholarship conditions shall be ineligible to retain the scholarship. Exceptional circumstances must be forwarded to and shall be at the discretion of the Curtin International Office.
- Students with with credit for recognised learning (CRL) are not eligible.
- Students cannot apply for this scholarship if they are in receipt of, or have applied for, any other Curtin University scholarship.
- Scholarships are not available to students coming to Curtin via sponsoring bodies.
- The course availability may result in a student not being able to commence a program of their choosing.
- A student with unsatisfactory progress with Course Weighted Average (CWA) of 50 or who breaches the scholarship conditions shall be ineligible to retain the scholarship.
- Leave of Absence (LOA) is not permitted.
- This Scholarship is not transferable into any other course, major or university.
- A student who withdraws from their units or course of study or is terminated from studies will become ineligible for continuation of the scholarship and will be required to repay to the university any scholarship awarded for that study period.
- Students cannot defer the scholarship beyond Semester 2, 2014.
- Curtin University reserves the right to withdraw any offer of scholarship where the student has not yet accepted the offer or enrolled in the course by the date specified in the letter of offer.
How to applyApplication process
Admissions will assess each application accordingly and issue a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether the applicant has been successful.
Need more information?
GPO Box S1512
Perth Western Australia 6845
Tel: + 61 8 9266 7331
Fax: + 61 8 9266 2605 / + 61 8 9266 4013
International Future Student Services is located:
Bentley Campus (Building 102)
Business hours: Mon – Fri 9:00 am – 4:45 pm
Don’t miss out on this scholarship!
Sign up now