The University of Toronto and The MasterCard Foundation are pleased to offer The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Toronto for the 2014-2015 academic year. This comprehensive scholarship provides talented, yet financially disadvantaged students from Sub-Saharan Africa with access to relevant university education. The Program aims to educate and enable students to contribute to the economic growth and social development of their countries of origin.
Students from Sub – Saharan Africa
If you are selected for the Program, the scholarship will provide you with full financial assistance in relation to tuition, travel expenses (including obtaining a passport), housing, food, books and other expenses for the duration of a four-year undergraduate degree.
Eligibility and Selection CriteriaThe MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is open to you if you are a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan Africa country. You must be a first-time applicant to the University of Toronto who has not yet begun university study elsewhere. If you are a transfer student, you are not eligible for the Program.
In order to be eligible, you must:
• be a resident and a graduating high school student of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa;
• demonstrate financial need correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of your country;
• have very strong academic results within your school system;
• have a record of leadership and extracurricular involvement;
• maintain a strong desire to return to Africa to assist and work towards enhanced regional socioeconomic development;
• be graduating from a recognized secondary school, or have completed the necessary academic requirements; and
• fulfill the necessary English requirements (dependent on country).
How to ApplyThis scholarship opportunity is available for the St. George campus in first-entry undergraduate programs in either the Faculty of Arts and Science or the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering.
A completed application will feature the following components:
• A completed application form, with all applicable sections for both applicant and counsellor filled out (including contact information, financial information, personal details and essay questions). To obtain an application form, please speak to your counsellor or advisor.
• A scanned copy of all applicable financial documentation.
• A scanned copy of your secondary school transcript and any other academic information.
• Two reference letters (one academic, one personal).
Completed applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, December 16, 2013
Click here for more info