The Federal Government of Nigeria plans to develop a critical mass of professionals who would serve as catalysts of change and agents of scientific and technological advancement, as well as sustainable economic development. This would be achieved through the sponsorship of outstanding students for postgraduate studies in the top 25 universities in the world. To this end, the Federal Government has instituted the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development.
The PRESSID Implementation Committee now invites applications from qualified candidates for the second edition of the scheme (2014/2015 academic session).
Sciences: Nuclear Physics, Operations Research, Industrial Chemistry, Quantitative Genetics, etc
Basic Medical Sciences: Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Biochemistry, etc;
Special Aspects of Biology: Biometrics, Molecular Biology, etc;
Economics: Econometrics, Development Economics, etc;
Engineering & Technology: Aeronautical Engineering, Mechatronics, Metallurgy, Material Science and Production Engineering, Nanotechnology, Cyber-Security, Software Engineering, etc;
Medicine: Oncology, Human Genetics, Hepatology, Nuclear Medicine, Geriatrics, etc;
- Must be graduates from the 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 academic sessions, who would have completed their National Youth Service by October 2013.
- Must have obtained First Class Honours degree from any recognised and approved University.
- In the case of Medicine, candidates must have a minimum of 2 Distinctions in their Part 3 and Part 4 MBBS examinations;
- In all cases, candidates must be below 30 years of age by October 2013;
- must be computer literate
- must be ready to be bonded and to work, preferably, as academic staff in any public university or research institute for a minimum period of five (5) years.
- Please note that universities in the United States of America require candidates to sit for the Graduate Record Exams (GRE) before they can secure admission.
- You are required to apply only once. You will be DISQUALIFIED if you apply twice.
- DO NOT REFRESH YOUR BROWSER OR CLICK YOUR BROWSER BACK BUTTON WHILE APPLYING.
- Click on the GET YOUR PIN button to generate your PIN for the application. PLEASE KEEP PIN SAFE AS IT WILL BE REQUIRED FOR UPDATES DURING THE COURSE OF THE APPLICATION EXERCISE.